15-5 PH Stainless Steel Features
- Good formability
- Superior fatigue resistance
- High tensile strength and toughness
- Low electrical and thermal conductivity
- Good cryogenic and elevated temperature strength
- Outstanding pitting and crevice corrosion resistance
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Good transverse toughness
- Good atmospheric corrosion resistance
- Low cost compared to other stainless steels
- Wide range of applications
World Leading 15-5 PH Stainless Steel Manufacturer
15-5 PH stainless steel also referred to as UNS S15500 or XM-12. It is a precipitation-hardening alloy composed of nickel, copper, chromium, and phosphorus element.
Due to the presence of copper in the alloy, the 15-5 PH stainless steel has a high corrosion cracking resistance. Thus, suitable for use in a variety of high-temperature applications and industries.
15-5 PH stainless steel also has good weldability and machinability. It can be easily welded using standard welding techniques and is compatible with most machining processes.
At Tuolian, we manufacture 15-5 PH stainless steel in wide forms such as flanges, fittings, sheets, pipes, tubes, bars, fasteners, and more. Available in various sizes, thicknesses, and shapes depending on your requests.
- Nuclear reactor parts
- High-temperature fasteners
- Food processing equipment
- Pharmaceutical equipment
- Nuclear waste containers
- Automotive components
- Petrochemical equipment
- Chemical processing equipment
- Heat exchangers
- Medical implants
- Aircraft components, etc.
|Round Bars||Diameter: 0.125″ to 6″, Length: 10′ to 12′|
|Flat Bars||Thickness: 0.125″ to 2″, Width: 0.5″ to 8″, Length: 10′ to 12′|
|Sheets||Thickness: 0.015″ to 0.125″, Width: 36″ to 48″, Length: 96″ to 120″|
|Plates||Thickness: 0.1875″ to 3″, Width: 36″ to 48″, Length: 96″ to 144″|
|Welding Wire||Diameter: 0.035″ to 0.125″, Length: 36″ to 48″|
|Seamless Tubes||OD: 0.25″ to 2″, Wall Thickness: 0.035″ to 0.25″, Length: 10′ to 20′|
|Welded Tubes||OD: 0.25″ to 6″, Wall Thickness: 0.035″ to 0.25″, Length: 10′ to 20′|
|Forgings||Weight: Up to 2000 lbs, Length: Up to 144″|
|Castings||Weight: Up to 1000 lbs, Size: Up to 36″ x 36″ x 36″|
|Content (%)||14.0 – 15.5||3.5 – 5.5||2.5 – 4.5||≤1.0||≤1.0||0.03 – 0.5||≤0.03||≤0.07||≤0.1||Balance|
|Solution Annealing||1040-1120°C (1900-2050°F)||30 min – 2 hrs||Heating rate: 15-30°C/min (30-50°F/min); Cooling rate: Air cool or rapid water quench|
|Aging (Precipitation Hardening)||480-620°C (900-1150°F)||4-16 hrs||Heating rate: 15-30°C/min (30-50°F/min); Cooling rate: Air cool or furnace cool at 15-30°C/hr (30-50°F/hr)|
|Tensile Strength, Ultimate||1550 MPa (225 ksi)|
|Tensile Strength, Yield||1450 MPa (210 ksi)|
|Elongation at Break||5%|
|Modulus of Elasticity||196 GPa (28.4 x 10^6 psi)|
|Hardness, Rockwell C||38-45|
Common Trade Names
- AK Steel 15-5 PH®
- Allegheny Ludlum PH 15-5™
- ATI 15-5™
- Carpenter Custom 630™ (Type 15-5 PH)
- Crucible 15-5 PH®
- Daido Steel Daido 15-5™
- North American Stainless NAS 155N™
- Outokumpu 15-5 PH™
- Sandvik Nanoflex®
- Schmolz + Bickenbach UGIMA® 15-5 PH
- Special Metals PH 15-5™
- Thyssenkrupp X4CrNiCuNb16-4®
- Ulbrich 15-5 PH®
- Valbruna V15-5PH™
- Viraj 15-5 PH™
Tuolian is expert in various processes used for manufacturing 15-5 PH stainless steel:
- Melting – The stainless steel is melted in a furnace or an electric arc furnace. The molten steel is then cast into various shapes & sizes.
- Heat Treatment – After hot rolling, the steel is annealed to reduce internal stresses & improve the machinability. The steel is then hardened by heating it to a high temperature & then cooling it rapidly in water or oil.
- Hot Rolling – The cast steel is reheated. Then rolled into different forms such as plates, sheets, or bars.
- Cold Working – Cold working methods includes cold rolling, drawing, or forging. This enhances the mechanical properties & surface finish of the steel.
- Welding – Tuolian 15-5 PH stainless steel can be welded using traditional welding techniques including gas metal arc welding, gas tungsten arc welding, & resistance welding.
- Machining – 15-5 PH stainless steel can be machined using carbide tooling & proper cutting parameters.
- Finishing – We finish the steel by polishing, grinding, or coating to achieve the desired surface finish & appearance.