2205 Stainless Steel Sheet Supplier in China
2205 stainless steel sheet is a widely used grade in the duplex family of stainless steel, combining ferritic and austenitic properties. It is known for its versatility and is work-hardenable and weldable using standard methods. Tuolian offers customized services, providing various sizes and shapes to meet your specific requirements.
Send us your inquiries today!
Applications and Industries
Due to its superior corrosion resistance and high strength, the 2205 stainless steel sheet finds extensive use in various applications. These include piping, tubing, and heat exchangers, effluent scrubbing systems, biofuel plants, food processing equipment, cargo tanks for ships and trucks, pressure vessels, piping in the chemical processing industry. Additionally, it is utilized in pulp and paper industry digesters, rotors, fans, bleaching equipment, stock-handling systems, shafts, and press rolls.
2205 Stainless Steel Sheet Features
The 2205 stainless steel sheet exhibits high strength and excellent resistance to general corrosion and sulfide stress corrosion. It also has lower thermal expansion and can withstand high temperatures up to 600°F. Furthermore, the sheet is easy to weld and offers better chloride pitting and crevice corrosion resistance compared to 317L stainless steel.
As a professional stainless steel manufacturer, Tuolian offers a range of processing services to choose from:
- Laser cutting
- Waterjet cutting
- Plasma cutting
- Edge preparation
- Sawing and shearing
- Bending and mechanical processing
|Length||2-12m or cut to length|
|Surface Finish||2B, 2D, BA NO(8),cold rolled, hot rolled, satin, 1D, 2B, No.4, BA, 8K, satin, hairline, brush, mirror, etc|
|Standard||UNS S31803, UNS S32205, ASTM A182, ASTM A276, ASTM A479|
|Hardness||Soft, Hard, Quarter Hard, Spring Hard, Half Hard,|
|Welding way||GTAW (TIG); GMAW (MIG); SMAW (“stick” electrode); SAW; FCW; and PAW|
|Different forms||coil, round bar, shim, strip, processed flat bar and tubular products|
In summary, 2205 stainless steel offers superior corrosion resistance, higher strength, and toughness compared to 316 stainless steel. However, it is also more expensive. 2205 stainless steel may be the better choice, If your application requires exceptional corrosion resistance or increased mechanical properties. On the other hand, if cost-effectiveness is a significant factor and general corrosion resistance is sufficient, 316 stainless steel can be a suitable option.
The mechanical properties of Duplex 2205 stainless steel typically include:
- Tensile Strength: Typically ranges from 620 MPa (90 ksi) to 800 MPa (116 ksi). This high tensile strength indicates its ability to withstand pulling forces without deformation or failure.
- Yield Strength: Typically in the range of 450 MPa (65 ksi) to 550 MPa (80 ksi). Yield strength represents the point at which the material exhibits permanent deformation or a specified amount of offset from the initial length.
- Elongation: It has high elongation, typically ranging from 25% to 30%. Elongation is a measure of the material’s ability to deform plastically before fracturing, indicating its ductility.
- Hardness: Typically, it has a hardness of around 200 to 300 HB (Brinell Hardness).
- Impact Toughness: Exhibits good impact toughness, meaning it can resist sudden impacts and absorb energy without fracturing. The specific impact toughness values may vary depending on factors such as temperature and test conditions.