304L Stainless Steel Sheets Manufacturer in China
The 304L stainless steel sheets are a series of 304 SS grade, having a lower-carbon composition, specifically about a maximum of 0.03% content. Because of that, 304L sheets are among the most adaptable and comprehensively utilized SS in numerous projects. Also, their adaptability makes them quickly form the desired finished products.
TouLian is an expert manufacturer of custom 304L SS sheets and other forms. We can customize your requested sheet lengths, widths, thicknesses, and colors. Moreover, our R&D team is responsible enough to provide what you need for your business or projects. Whether you need them with unique finishes or flats, we got you covered.
Communicate with our service team now!
Choose By Thickness
- 100 to 2500 mm width
- 1000 to 6000 mm, custom length
- High ductility
- High heat resistant
- Come with mill or slit edges
- 1000 to 1200mm length
- Perfect for construction
- Customizable color
- Cut-to-size length & width
- Suitable for kitchen materials
Customize By Finishes
The polished surface finish gives a shiny appearance to 304L SS sheets. It has a smooth surface that helps resist corrosion.
The 304L SS sheets with hairline finish achieve aesthetic looks. They come with long and constant grind marks, like hair.
2B finishes provide smooth and slightly mirrored sheet surfaces. This appearance is fulfilled through a milling process.
BA finishes give a non-abrasive SS sheet surface. They typically have mirror-like finishing, making them more unique.
The 304L SS sheets have positive qualities, emphasizing their quality. Here are a few of those attributes.
- 304L has higher pitting resistance on chloride solutions due to increased molybdenum content.
- Works well in extreme temperatures with enhanced heat resistance
- Due to its outstanding rust resistance, it is ideal for numerous media.
- Suitable for low-degree temperature conditions
- Possess ideal weldable characteristics
Here are some typical applications for 304L-grade SS sheets.
- Power Plant
- Marine Building
- Medical Equipment
- Food Industry
- Aerospace Structures
- Chemical Containers
304L SS Flat Sheet Inspection
TouLian 304L SS sheets go through the following testing to guarantee their highest level of quality.
- Chemical Test
- Spark Spectroscopy
- Pitting Resistance Assessment
- Instrumental Testing
- X-ray fluorescence
- Positive Material Identification
- Hardness Evaluation
304L and 304 Stainless Steel Sheet Differences
304 and 304L SS sheet grades have the exact content of chromium and nickel. They are also known as “18/8” in the stainless steel series. However, the carbon content is the only thing that differentiates them from one another.
The 304L sheets contain 0.030 % carbon, whereas the 304 has 0.08%. Here is an example of how minor differences in content cause them to differ.
- Resistance to aggressive organic substances is 11% of nickel
- In oxidizing environments, the 19% chromium in 304 improves its resistance.
- They are ideal for areas where the corrosion is potent enough to cause heat-affected sections.
- In the majority, 304L performs consistently in corrosive situations.
Suitable Fabrication Techniques
The cold-forming method enhances material robustness, hardness, and a little magnetism.
- Easily Form
- The 304L stainless steel possesses simplicity to weld.
- They do not require post-treatment.
304 is susceptible to work chip breaking and hardening. Therefore, they undergo proper machining with
- Slower speed
- Sharp tool
- Heavier feeds
750 °C to 1150°C are the suggested hot temperature working processes. Higher temperature improves sheets’ resistance.
- Physical Specification
- Mechanical Characteristics
|304L Stainless Steel Sheet|
|Chromium||18% – 20%|
|Nickel||8% – 12%|
|Rockwell B||(HR B)||92 max|
|Yield Strength||(0.2% Proof)||170 min|
|Elongation||(% in 50mm)||40 min|
|Tensile Strength||(MPa)||485 min|
The sheets are manufactured following these standards to ensure excellent value.
- ASTM A480
- ASTM A959
- ASME IID
- EN ISO 9445
- EN 10051
- EN ISO 18286
- EN 10088-1
- ISO 15510