416 Stainless Steel Sheet Manufacturer in China
416 grade is a type of free-machining martensitic stainless steel. It has a high hardness and strength due to its hot working treatment. The SS416 sheet has up to 85% machinability rate, thus making it the highest among the different grades of stainless steel. This material also undergoes an altering procedure where its crystalline structure is altered when exposed to high temperatures. Then, it is cooled down when it reaches a specific rate.
At TuoLian, we provide a wide range of stainless steel sheet 416 grades that are available in a wide range of thicknesses. We can customize this grade of a stainless steel sheet according to your dimension needs. Our engineers and staff will produce the SS416 sheet based on your tolerance, profile, or flatness requirements.
Send us your inquiries today!
416 Stainless Steel Sheet – A Complete Guide
The stainless steel sheet 416 is composed of evenly distributed manganese-rice sulfides. Therefore, a natural lubricant that is necessary for preventing build-up on cutting tools is achieved. Aside from that, the SS416 grade sheet is popular because of its non-galling characteristics. Because of that, it meets the requirements for places that are exposed to corrosion.
Industries and Applications
SS416 sheets are widely used to fabricate household items and machine components. This is the common material for making studs, motor shafts, valve parts, pump shafts, and more. It also provides importance to different industries including:
- Gas processing
- Sugar industries
- Power generation
- Chemical Industries
- Oil and Gas
- Food Processing Industries
- Fertilizer Industries
Different Standards that Need to Comply
416 stainless steel sheets need to comply with different standards including:
- ASTM A240
- ASTM A167
- ASME SA240
- ASTM A 895
- ASTM A582
416 Stainless Steel Sheet Processing
This grade of stainless steel sheet is suitable for different processing such as cutting, drilling, grinding, and testing.
Stainless Steel Sheet 416 Specifications
|Thickness||Available in 0.3mm up to 200mm and customized|
|Length||2000mm, 2440mm, 3000mm, 5800mm, and more or according to customer’s requirements|
|Width||1000mm, 1219mm, 1500mm, 1800mm, 2000mm, and more or customizable.|
|C (Max)||Mn (Max)||Si (Max)||P (Max)||S (Max||Cr (Max)|
|Density (g/cm3)||Tensile Strength (MPa)||0.2% Offset Yield Strength (MPa)||Elongation|
|Density||Thermal Conductivity||Electrical Resistivity||Elasticity Modulus||Coefficient of Thermal Expansion||Specific Heat||Specific Gravity|
|7750||24.9 at 212°F||43 at 68°F Microhm/cm||200 GPa||9.9 at 32 – 212°F µm/m/°C||460 at 32°F to 212°F J/kg.K||7.7|
SS416 Sheet Equivalent Grades
|SS 416||1.4005||S41600||SUS 416||416S21||–||–||56AM|
Finishes and Surface Treatment
416 SS sheet is available in different surface treatments including the following:
- 2B. This treatment provides appropriate luster to the material.
- BA. 416 stainless steel sheet that has a BA finish undergoes bright heat treatment.
- No.3 SS416 sheet with No.3 finish is commonly used for making kitchen utensils.
- No.4 Stainless steel sheet 416 grade with no.4 finish is widely used for medical equipment.
- HL. This surface treatment provides grain size and polishing streak to the SS416 sheets.
- No.1 416 stainless steel sheet undergoes pickling process after hot rolling.
Different Value-Added Services for 416 Stainless Steel Sheet
- Heat treatment
- Minor Fabrication
- Raw Materials Certificate
- Third-Party Inspection Report
- 100% Radiography Test Report
- NABL approved Lab Test Report
- EN 10204-3.2
- EN 10204-3.1
How Much Does a 416 Stainless Steel Sheet Cost?
A stainless steel 416 sheet cost depends on its weight and types. Take a look at the example below:
- AISI 416 Hot Rolled Stainless Steel with 1.2mm costs US$800 to $3000.
- Cold Rolled 416 Stainless Steel ranges from US$1.1 to 1.26
- BA Finish 416 Stainless Steel Sheet ranges from US1300 to 1700.
You can contact TuoLian sales representative for more information about 416 stainless steel prices.