X20Cr13 Stainless Steel Features
- High corrosion resistance
- Good formability
- High wear resistance
- Low thermal expansion
- High fatigue strength
- Good machinability
- Environmentally friendly
- Low maintenance
- Wide range of applications
Reputable X20Cr13 Stainless Steel Manufacturer
X20Cr13 is a kind of martensitic stainless steel. Commonly used in the production of knives, blades, & other cutting tools. It is a low-carbon alloy that contains 13% chromium. Also composed of small amounts of other elements such as carbon, manganese, and silicon. These elements help to enhance its strength, ductility, & machinability.
Tuolian supply X20Cr13 grade in a wide range of forms, including bars, rods, plates, sheets, tubes, forgings, castings, pipes, wires, etc. Specify your sizes and thicknesses, and we will provide them right away.
All products are also highly economical, due to our high-quality materials and low production costs. We are equipped with the latest technologies and processes, thus, we ensure fast and accurate production.
For more details, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
- Food processing equipment
- Pharmaceutical processing equipment
- Chemical processing equipment
- Pulp and paper production equipment
- Textile processing equipment
- Heat resistant components
- Automotive exhaust systems
- Kitchen sinks, Cutlery, Hand tools
- Oil and gas processing equipment
- Automobile trim & grills
- Desalination Plants
- Fasteners, Valves, Boilers
|Carbon||0.16 – 0.22%|
|Chromium||12.00 – 14.00%|
|Annealing||750-800°C||Soften the steel and improve machinability|
|Quenching||950-1050°C||Harden the steel and improve strength|
|Tempering||150-250°C||Reduce brittleness and improve toughness|
|Stress Relieving||250-400°C||Remove internal stresses and improve dimensional stability|
|Cold Working||N/A||Increase strength and hardness through plastic deformation|
|Hot Working||1100-900°C||Shape the steel through forging, rolling, or extrusion|
|ASTM||A276, A314, A580|
|EN||1.4021, X20Cr13, X30Cr13|
X20Cr13 Stainless Steel Fabrication and Processes
The fabrication of 20Cr13 stainless steel is typically done through a variety of processes, including forging, machining, casting, welding, and heat treating.
X20Cr13 stainless steel can be forged with both hot & cold working processes. It is forged at temperatures between 900 and 1150°C. Can be cooled in air or oil.
Machining X20Cr13 stainless steel is easy. It is best machined using standard cutting tools. Resulting in a good finish with minimal tool wear.
Casted using both sand & investment casting processes. It is vital to use a good mold release agent during the casting process, as the high chromium content of the steel can cause it to stick to the mold.
Welded using the TIG and MIG processes. It is important to use a shielding gas compatible with stainless steel & a filler metal that matches the composition of the steel.
Typically done to enhance SS hardness, strength, & corrosion resistance. Hardened by quenching & tempering at temperatures between 1050 and 1200°C.
- No.1 Finish – Hot rolled, annealed, pickled
- No.2D Finish – Cold rolled, annealed, pickled, dull finish
- No.2B Finish – Cold rolled, annealed, pickled
- No.3 Finish – Polished with 150-180 grit
- No.4 Finish – Buffed with 150-180 grit
- No.4A Finish – Brushed finish
- No.7 Finish – Mirror finish
- No.8 Finish – Mirror finish
- Hairline Finish – Brushed finish with long, continuous grain
- Matte Finish – Dull finish, and many more.